April is National Grilled Cheese Month! I love grilled cheese. Add bacon and we have a serious situation on our hands. The other day in our cafeteria I ordered a grilled cheese with bacon and the guy next to me looked at me like I was 1. a genius and 2. like I had 10 heads. He said, “Did you just order a grilled cheese with bacon?” To him I said, “You’ve never had bacon on your grilled cheese? You should try it, it is life-changing.” He agreed that anything with bacon is infinitely better, and we went our separate ways. I am pretty sure he probably came back the next day and ordered a grilled cheese with bacon.
Anwyays, if you are looking for a few ways to up your grilled cheese game, check out some that I’ve tried in the past:
- Grilled Cheese with Avocado & Bacon from Serious Eats
- Grilled Ham & Cheese with ham left over from Easter/holiday meal
- Grilled Brie Cheese with Pear
- I’m guessing you can also get some pretty good recipes over on The Grilled Cheese Academy (who knew…)
- I also greatly enjoy this tutorial from Food Wishes on YouTube…
And if you are in the Boston area, or if you visit Boston, I implore you to seek out Roxy’s Grilled Cheese Food Truck.